- Fill the Thermos with hot boiling water and close the lid tightly. Set aside.
- Cook or reheat your hot lunch items.
- After a minimum of 5-6 minutes, dump out the water from the Thermos (and dry with a paper towel, if necessary).
- Fill with warm food, close lid, and pack for lunch!
As I mentioned above, making a box of Horizon Organic Gluten Free Cheesy Mac is a great option for school lunches. Check out this post for details on their allergen disclosure regarding the GF Mac & Cheese.
Make a box for supper and pack the leftovers for lunch. Or, if making multiple lunches, get a box cooking while everyone is eating breakfast in the morning so you can pack it quick after and go.
You can also try these yummy mix-in ideas to your Cheesy Mac to add some extra fun for lunch:
- Tuna & Peas for my "Tuna Goo" recipe
- Shredded Chicken with Cooked Carrots and/or Broccoli
- Diced Pepperoni & Black Olives (optional marinara)
- Buffalo Chicken Shreds
- Hot Dog Slices
- Mini Meatballs
- Spinach & Chickpeas
- Black Beans & Taco Meat
- Ground Beef (Hamburger) & Bacon
- Ham & Peas or Broccoli
Check out the Horizon Mac-N-Ator for more ideas.
What else is a Thermos good for? Plenty! Here are even more lunch ideas:
- Chicken Nuggets or my Veggie Nuggets recipe
- Fish Sticks, like my GF recipe I made for Momables
- Spaghetti, use Horizon Organic's Squash Marinara recipe to add extra veggies to lunch
- Pastas, like my Mexican Chicken Alfredo recipe
- Soups, like my Tomato Soup recipe
- Leftover Chili or my Chili Mac recipe
- Scrambled Eggs or Omelettes
- Diced leftover pizza
- Rice Dishes, like my Pork & Rice recipe
- Taco Meat for leftover Taco or Nacho Lunches
- Mini Pancakes, stacked
- Small Baked Potato, still wrapped in foil
- Pizza Muffins
- Hot Dog slices or cut in half (pack the bun separate)
- Casseroles or Lasagna leftovers
- Mini Corndog Muffins, like my allergy friendly recipe
- French Toast Bites
- Tater Tots or French Fries
- Warm Cornbread or Muffins, like this Horizon Organic Very Berry Cornmeal Muffin
- Sloppy Joe Sandwiches (pack the bun separate)
- Pulled Pork (pack the bun separate or make pulled pork nachos)
- Corn on the Cob Halves
- Warm Mini Cinnamon Rolls
- Hot Sandwiches or my Italian Sandwich Cupcake recipe
- Scalloped Potatoes, get Horizon Organic's recipe here
What are your favorite foods to pack for school lunches?
Leave a comment and let me know!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic.
The opinions and text are all mine.