- 1 Cup of All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour, we use King Arthur GF Flour - it's made in a Top 8 Free Facility
- 1/4 Cup of Brewed Coffee, room temperature
- 1/4 Cup of Non-Dairy Milk, we used rice milk
- 1/4 Cup of Sugar, we used organic cane sugar
- 1 Large Egg or Egg Replacer, we used a flax egg
- 3 Tablespoons Unsweetened Applesauce
- 4 teaspoons of Dark Cocoa Powder
- 2 teaspoons of Instant Coffee
- 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- Ingredients for glaze listed separately below
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray donut pan with cooking spray.
- If using a flax egg, prepare by using 1 TB of ground flax + 3 TB of hot water. Mix and set aside for approximately 8-10 minutes until "gel like".
- In your food processor, with the dough/ mixing blade, combine all the above listed ingredients. Including your flax egg, once it reaches the correct consistency.
- Mix until smooth and there are no lumps.
- Pour batter into your donut pan, filling each 1/2 way full.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, until spring-like to touch and a toothpick comes out clean. If making donut muffins, see notes in post above regarding baking times.
- Remove from oven. Remove donuts from pan and let cool on a wire cooling rack.
Ingredients for Glaze:
- 3/4 cup of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, they are top 8 and gluten free
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil
- 3/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract
Directions for Glaze:
- Make glaze for the donuts once they have completely cooled.
- In a medium size bowl, melt chocolate chips in the microwave by heating for approximately two minutes.
- Add coconut oil and peppermint extract to the bowl and stir until it reaches a smooth and glossy consistency.
- Dip each donut into the bowl and repeat until all are finished.
- See notes in post above: By freezing the donuts after glazing for approximately 10 minutes, this will allow the glaze to harden around the donut and created a nice iced coating.
Yields: 10-12 Donuts