- 1/4 cup of corn meal, can use white or yellow
- 3/4 cup of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/8 cup of parmesan or vegan parm sub
- 1/2 tsp. of Italian seasoning (optional)
- 6 slices of salami
- Bring broth to a boil on your stove top.
- While waiting to boil, on a sheet of wax paper lay out your salami by making a 2x3 row, overlapping the pieces by half.
- Once boiling, add corn meal, parmesan, and seasonings. Stir immediately.
- Once it has reached the consistency of mashed potatoes, pour/spoon over evenly over the salami pieces.
- Using the wax paper as a guide, roll up the salami - vertically.
- Place in the fridge for at least one hour before slicing.
This recipe will yield 7-8 roll-ups. We only used 6 in the lunch and taste tested the other two. ;)
Lastly, Mom got in on the fun this week by using salami over her salad packed for work! :)