- 1 Cup of Gluten Free Cornbread Mix (or your preferred homemade blend, I like the mix because it already has the amount of starch, baking soda, powder and xantham gum I need)
- 1 flax egg (1 TB of ground flax + 3 TB of warm water, mix and set aside until gel-like)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup of milk or non-dairy sub
- 6 hot dogs - turkey, tofu, or nitrate free, your choice!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini-muffin tin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix flax egg (as indicated in ingredients above) and set aside.
- Slice turkey, tofu, or nitrate free hot dogs of choice to depth of pan: You should get 4-5 slices per dog.
- Mix corn bread batter in a large bowl: Cornbread mix, flax egg, applesauce, and milk.
- Pour batter into muffin tin, filling each cavity about half full.
- Press a hot dog slice to the center of each.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Recipe yields 24 mini muffins.
Freeze leftovers or pack them for lunch!