Since I don't have a new lunch post to share, I figured I would post about these delicious SunButter and Banana Chocolate Bites we made over the weekend!
Taking what I and Little Miss love about our SunButter Granola Balls, I thought it'd be great to combine the banana into this delicious chocolately covered treat. Inspiration came from these Chocolate Banana SunButter Bars on Color Wheel Meals.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup SunButter - SunButter is peanut, tree nut, corn, and gluten free. It's also free from dairy and eggs, as they do not use them in their facility. It's also kosher. If you use SunButter Organic, it is also sugar and salt free.
- 3 tablespoons melted butter - We use Earth Balance organic coconut spread. It is lactose free, soy free, vegan, and gluten free. Plus it has the slightest hint of coconut taste which is great for baking/ cooking with!
- 1 cup of confectioners sugar
- 4 oz of dried banana chips, ground - I actually found that some not grinding to a complete flour was delicious, that way you get some crunchy bites inside!
- 1 cup of chocolate chips - We use EnjoyLife brand mini chips. They are gluten free, nut free, dairy free, soy free, casein free, vegan, & kosher
In a large bowl, combine and mix together your SunButter, ground banana chips, and melted butter. Mix until smooth.
Gradually add 1 cup of confectioners sugar until it begins to firm so you can roll it into ball shapes.
Melt your chocolate chips in the microwave and stir until smooth. I then dipped my SunButter balls into the chocolate and laid them out onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Stick them in the freezer until the chocolate hardens (this only took a few minutes).
I took them back out of the freezer, keeping a few in a container in the refrigerator and putting the rest in a freezer baggy in the freezer so I can pull them out as we want to enjoy them!
My chocolate dipping skills need some practice ;) LOL but these taste SO. GOOD.
I ate two the night we made them then had to remind myself they're suppose to be for Little Miss not me! (Well not all of them anyways, hehe!)